2016 Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How old are you??
I'm 26 as of October 2016.
2. What equipment/software do you use?
DAW: Logic Pro X
Monitors: Yamaha HS8's for mixing and a custom pair of speakers for listening.
Interface: Scarlett 18i20 (Focusrite)
Controller: Alesis v49 and Yamaha Motif XS8
Microphone: AKG c414
3. What are your go-to sample libraries?
STRINGS: Cinematic Studio Strings, Spitfire Mural Strings
BRASS: Sample Modeling, CineBrass
WINDS: Berlin Woodwinds
PERCUSSION: Spitfire Percussion, Battery 4
SYNTH: u-he Zebra 2, Serum
4. Can you teach me lessons about Logic Pro or sequencing in general?
Yes, if I'm available for it! Shoot me an email. Lessons are $65 for a 1 hour session, usually over Skype or FaceTime.
5. How do you recommend I go about getting film scoring gigs?
Connections are key in the film music industry. Talking to your filmmaker friends from school and getting in early on their projects is a great way to get started. As for practical things, I would focus on getting a solid website and SoundCloud profile put together. Only post things that you are proud of. Look around for other people at your skill level and do some honest comparison. If your work is lacking in quality (compositionally or production-wise) you probably shouldn't post it. I HIGHLY recommend you post with caution. Don't catalog every piece you've ever written.
6. Are you able to mock up my music with more professional sounding samples?
Yes, assuming the project/style aligns with my skill set. Email me for inquiries and rates.
7. How might I obtain a license to use your music in a film project?
Ask me. Not all the music I've posted online is available for licensing, but if you like the sound of something, it can't hurt to ask!